My 06' X Is Faster Than a 2011 Fuel Injected KX450F

The KXF makes more power than the X.

Going faster is all rider ability.

Hard to compare a stock X to a stock KXF as the X is a dog until rejetted and uncorked. The KXF is a MX bike ready to race. The X definitely has a higher top speed just because of the wide ratio tranny. I've ridden both in the desert and the X feels faster and more stable at high speed. The KXF feels more torquey.

Interesting. I was at a dune park in Colorado and this douche in a polo shirt, sneakers and no helmet on a yz450 smoked the crap out of my brother's X and my X. I'm thinking he had to have something going on with his gearing. He was gone before I was in 2nd. Sadly flat area everyone was dragging was not long enough for me to get into 5th.

I do recall we changed our gearing so we could fit paddle tires on so they would not hit the swing arm.. Wish I could remember how we changed them.

Maybe the X is different, but in general if you are dragging racing, it is always better to start in 2nd gear. I'm sure that is probably what the guy on the YZ did, because that is the gear I would be in when taking off. Starting off in 1st gear will only result in way too much wheel speed, with little movement & then an almost immediate shift into 2nd, by this time the guy is already gone. Whereas starting in 2nd gets the wheels spinning, but at the same time hooking up & moving forward. Try it next time & I bet you do much better in a straight away race.

Interesting. I was at a dune park in Colorado and this douche in a polo shirt, sneakers and no helmet on a yz450 smoked the crap out of my brother's X and my X. I'm thinking he had to have something going on with his gearing. He was gone before I was in 2nd. Sadly flat area everyone was dragging was not long enough for me to get into 5th.

I do recall we changed our gearing so we could fit paddle tires on so they would not hit the swing arm.. Wish I could remember how we changed them.

• Like 1

Maybe the X is different, but in general if you are dragging racing, it is always better to start in 2nd gear. I'm sure that is probably what the guy on the YZ did, because that is the gear I would be in when taking off. Starting off in 1st gear will only result in way too much wheel speed, with little movement & then an almost immediate shift into 2nd, by this time the guy is already gone. Whereas starting in 2nd gets the wheels spinning, but at the same time hooking up & moving forward. Try it next time & I bet you do much better in a straight away race.

X2

• 2 weeks later...