Xr 650R kill switch help!

i know this should be a simple task, but the kill switch is not cooperating with me. I have hooked the wires up as directed, but the switch still will not work, any ideas, I know my ground is good, I made sure of that by running a seperate wire to the frame ground on the ignition coil. Please let me know of anything else that I might try. Thanks guys!

Are you using this to replace the stock kill switch? If so, can you put the stock button back in place and verify if it works? That would eliminate the switch connection points and point to an issue with the new switch or it's wiring. If you don't have the stock kill switch, there should be a black wire with a white stripe from the CDI module that has to go to ground to stop the engine. If you use a piece of wire, connect it to the black/white wire at one end, and touch the other end to ground, does it stop the engine? Just rying to isolate where your problem is.

Just to confirm, you have the black wire from the TT switch connected to the black/white wire from the CDI and the white wire from the TT switch connected to ground?

Edited by jbird710

I do have the wires connected as you stated and still the switch does not work. also the previous switch did not work, I bought the TT switch because I needed a high/low for my DS conversion, and thought this whole set up would be nice with the kill switch included. I thought I had a ground problem, thats why I took a seperate wire straight to the coil ground to make sure. Still it does not work. I may have a problem with the black/white wire coming from the CDI? I also have not tried taking a piece of wire to the black/white and grounding it to see if it stops the engine?

That's what I would try next - run a wire from the black/white wire straight to ground to see if it stops the engine or if you can find a ground point where you could ground the black/white wire without using an extension. At least it would prove if your back/white wire is broken inside the insulation or maybe disconnected in the CDI where it hooks to the board.