Sign in to follow this  

What are you guys paying for the 13?

My local dealer has a 13' on the floor, and I'm really, really considering selling my smokers and putting money down on it instead of bothering with a used and possibly abused 450. The reviews of the 13s seem to place it as much better than the previous years as well....so there's only one problem, he wants $8,650 for it less taxes. Seems a bit steep to me...

What are you guys paying OTD?

Edited by cr250Rooster

That's what i thought....it'd be well over $9k with all the other fees. And quite frankly thats way to much for a dirtbike.

I'll have to talk him down. Alot.

Edited by cr250Rooster

I almost bought one on friday for $7600 +taxes and fees, but they offered me a '12 for $6k so I snatched it instead.

Yea, I'm definatley gonna have to talk him down or take a trip to gatos and see if they have one. I could buy 5 CR250s for the price he wants right now. I'm sure I can get a better deal.

While we're at it I might as well ask for reviews on the bike too..tips and tricks.

So, overall thoughts?

6' and 170lbs-suspension settings from stock?

Tips for starting the thing? I'm used to the two primer and one solid for the smoker...I'm sure I'm gonna look like an ass trying to start the thing

Keep looking!

My friend picked up one in Marysville Ohio for $7500 OTD. He drove from WV so no sales tax.

Yea, I'm definatley gonna have to talk him down or take a trip to gatos and see if they have one. I could buy 5 CR250s for the price he wants right now. I'm sure I can get a better deal.

While we're at it I might as well ask for reviews on the bike too..tips and tricks.

So, overall thoughts?

6' and 170lbs-suspension settings from stock?

Tips for starting the thing? I'm used to the two primer and one solid for the smoker...I'm sure I'm gonna look like an ass trying to start the thing

once you have the dealer down on price and you have ur awesome new 13 450 in your garage, you need do nothing.

Take out to track ASAP, set front forks to 35psi, 105 race sag, fill gas tank with fuel.

Give three full kicks to prime ignition then set kick starter to TDC and one full kick and she will start.

Rest of day will require 1 full kick from TDC, set clickers to personal preference.

I weigh 167lbs, have done absolutely nothing to suspension and it is friggen awesome, that's coming from a 12 with full Ohlins forks and rear shock.

Hope you get one ASAP buddy, I know you will love it!!

Let us know as soon as you have her,

You guys are so lucky.. We are just starting to get the 13 here... Think I will wait for the 14 before I sell my 09. The last time I got a new bike the 09 I jumped in way to fast.

MSRP in Canada is 9499 plus tax. Here in BC, Tax is 12%

I got my local dealer down to 8999 plus tax, no PDI.

Still 10,500$ Canadian.

Pretty &%$#@!ing crazy considering our dolar is par.... we just don't have the same market you do so our bike prices are UP

Well here she his...talked him down to $8400 OTD...thinking about making the deal.

1354151767.jpg

1354153125.jpg

Edited by cr250Rooster

Friend of mine paid $8100 OTD here in Tampa FL. There's a shop in Tenn he was going to go to that would have sold it to him for $7400 but that's not paying tax or registration fees. But he wanted it to be registered and have a title in hand.

MSRP in Canada is 9499 plus tax. Here in BC, Tax is 12%

I got my local dealer down to 8999 plus tax, no PDI.

Still 10,500$ Canadian.

Pretty &%$#@!ing crazy considering our dolar is par.... we just don't have the same market you do so our bike prices are UP

Your guys get alot more snow than us and your sleds go for 4-5k more than ours down here...I think the powersports market just has it out for you boys.

once you have the dealer down on price and you have ur awesome new 13 450 in your garage, you need do nothing.

Take out to track ASAP, set front forks to 35psi, 105 race sag, fill gas tank with fuel.

Give three full kicks to prime ignition then set kick starter to TDC and one full kick and she will start.

Rest of day will require 1 full kick from TDC, set clickers to personal preference.

I weigh 167lbs, have done absolutely nothing to suspension and it is friggen awesome, that's coming from a 12 with full Ohlins forks and rear shock.

Hope you get one ASAP buddy, I know you will love it!!

Let us know as soon as you have her,

Thanks for the reply...very helpful

Cant wait to sign the paper and ride :ride:

Call Dave at Shenandoah Honda in Winchester VA

Too far to drive

It's just our market. We don't have the buying power like you do there. We have 1/10th the population,

Your guys get alot more snow than us and your sleds go for 4-5k more than ours down here...I think the powersports market just has it out for you boys.

Thanks for the reply...very helpful

Cant wait to sign the paper and ride :ride:

Too far to drive

$7,712 OTD from Bartlesville Cycle Sports in Bartlesville, OK. This is their everyday, advertised price.