private mx track?

Wait, I remember changing my name from bullet01 (name of my dog) to haveprideinwhatyouride! But I forget how I did it.

Yup ? but now am a TT Newbie again lol

Yeah, have to go into your account setting and change display name, but you can only do it once a every 180 days.

I also created a small track. my tracks is in an overgrown field so what I did was cut my track with the tractor and rode it before putting any jumps or anything. it is a good thing because it took three tries to find a layout I liked

I also created a small track. my tracks is in an overgrown field so what I did was cut my track with the tractor and rode it before putting any jumps or anything. it is a good thing because it took three tries to find a layout I liked

thats what im doin for my klx140l and crf70 on this track

I have plenty of dirt to build a couple decent sized jumps but I was wanting to know if anyone has a solid technique instead of just dumping dirt on top of the jump to make it bigger. And yes that sounds pretty dumb I know but I have a kubota with a front bucket and it seems I just dump dirt and pack it good and I'm getting no where. Thanks!

-Honea142-

A few years back when we had some property, we built a small track. We found some big irrigation pipes and logs and piled dirt over the top of it/them. It worked nicely and reduced the amount of dirt we used to build the jumps. I would imagine you could use anything solid, just be sure to put enough dirt on top so you won't end up hitting whatever object/s you used.

Edited by thumper_racer

A few years back when we had some property, we built a small track. We found some big irrigation pipes and logs and piled dirt over the top of it/them. It worked nicely and reduced the amount of dirt we used to build the jumps. I would imagine you could use anything solid, just be sure to put enough dirt on top so you won't end up hitting whatever object/s you used.

This helps to give the jump a base and some structure. But depending upon the size of your jump you'll need a lot fo objects (unless you find those big pipes).

Anyways, I have some experience with backyard track building. What really solidifies a solid dirt jump is running it over with bobcat treads. I think thats an essential tool to building a solid jump, you can use the weight of the bobcat and the treads to pack everything down and even it out. We mainly used the bucket to shape the face of the jump and the landing.

Either way, this is something that always frustrated me, dirtbikes are going to tear up your jump and it will always require maintenence.

Edit: Forgot to add the type of dirt your using is crucial. In michigan we have lots of sand and sandy mixtures which sucks for these purposes. I found this red clay like dirt by digging in the right holes which worked wonders for rebuilding our jumps.

Edited by dan2581

These are great guys thanks. What about the face of the landing? It needs to be at an angle but not too angled right? And I'm sure I have some stuff around that I can throw under the dirt for a base.

Yes this is very important. I'd say as a good rule of thumb make your landing twice as long as your face. There are many different styles of jumps so you can get creative there, but always focus first on making your jump safe, then fun/exciting.

So my buddies and I got our hands on a backhoe and dozer and are building a decent sized track on the corner of our property, but I've kinda had a few thoughts on the county heckling us. The track sits on the corner of the property and for the most part is on a hill that is to steep to farm and the lower half of the track takes up close to a football field sized chunck of our 40 acer hay field. I was just wondering if we'd have to have any permits or anything for building the track. It's not visible unless you go down my neighbors road and they ride too so I'm not worried about noise complaints but any thoughts on this?

ya I'm thinking we are good too, I just have that thought in the back of my head ya know?

My buddy had a backyard track with close neighbors on maybe a 2-3 acre property. He was in an agriculturally zoned area, so there was no noise ordinance, but the neighbors were cool about it anyways. He had one issue with the guy across the street when some good A riders came over and caused a dust storm. But we used to tear up his track til the sun went down after work every weekday and nobody said a thing. If your neighbors ride you sound good to go. Enjoy man! Your own personal track is one of the funnest things ever!

• 3 weeks later...

I am building a dirt bike track and I was wondering what you guys thought of my layout. I would like your opinion on maybe a better layout and where to put the jumps and the size of them. I have made the two doubles so they have to be a part of the track layout.  If it helps I ride a 250f and only 250f and bigger bikes will be riding on it. I am not a pro but I have hit steep and very long jumps so size doesn't matter as long as I can make the jump.

the area I have to work with is about 500ft by 500ft

track1.jpg

I am building a dirt bike track and I was wondering what you guys thought of my layout. I would like your opinion on maybe a better layout and where to put the jumps and the size of them. I have made the two doubles so they have to be a part of the track layout. If it helps I ride a 250f and only 250f and bigger bikes will be riding on it. I am not a pro but I have hit steep and very long jumps so size doesn't matter as long as I can make the jump.

the area I have to work with is about 500ft by 500ft

Tracks way too small for the ground available.

Get more switchbacks more turns. More jumps and don't waste the woods section.

You could build a great track on that much ground.

ok so for 40 dollars i can have 20 tons of clay dirt delivered to my house and i was thinking of getting 80. so is it ok to make a mx track out of clay? its the only dirt i can get...

i wanna just make the jumps out of the clay

so the bottom line is.. is it fine for my to make a mx track out of clay.... if not please tell reasons thanks

Edited by Required Information