fork and shock springs

wrkaholic,

How much sag? I just had Rocky Mountain Racing Works revalve my bike and they put a 5.1 rear spring on it. It had 5.5 inches of sag when I got it back. I rode it before I checked it. I thought it was good. I checked the sag and set it 4 inches. Now, it handles too fast. It doesn't feel as stable, etc... I do like how it keeps pegs up out of the ruts better. I think I'm going to try 4.5 - 4.6 inches.

Bob

Really, the best thing I did was had my suspension completely revalved. I contacted John at Motopro in Woodinville Washington and he dialed my WR450 in perfectly for off road and when I moto, I just stiffen it up and it is extremy plush. I did not need to put stiffer springs in the front. (The fork spring rates are the same as the YZ's)It's all valving and the stock valving on the WR Absolutely Blows! You have not ridden until you get a revalve and you will be kicking yourself for not revalving from the beginning. It is so worth the money because you will get less arm pump, it rides higher in the stroke and the bike is way more controled at high speeds and chop. Get R Done! ?

I weigh 245, I replaced the front springs with 49's, and the rear a 60...There is a local shop in San Diego that did the valving work for me, and it is absoulutely perfect...He can let you know based on weight, and ability what to use...GREAT GUY....Rudy Casteneda..Owner of PRO PREPT SUSPENSION / Escondido 760-489-5774