Is this a good trade?

I've got a 2006 YZ125 converted over to a hare scrambler ready bike. The conversion includes Enduro Engineering bark busters, Renthal Twin wall bars, 50T rear sprocket, new chain, extended capacity fuel tank, new plastics, full graphics, ODI lock on grips, radiator guards, FMF silencer, skid plate and new tires. No expense spared when it was built. Low hours and not beat to death.

I've got an opportunity to trade it for an 05 RM Z450. What do you all think? Good trade or no? I know what I have, it is a well taken care of mint bike. This one doesn't look bad though, and it comes with an enduro light kit as well.

Mine

226410_1859816346755_2893815_n.jpg

Trade offer

2012-11-29_12-42-41_216.jpg

I guess there is a lot to factor in to it. Do you still plan on running hare scrambles with the RMZ? If so then you know as well as I the zuk is going to take some money to get it set up like your yz.

You also know the history of the yz. How is the top end on the zuk? If they say its been rebuilt do they have receipts to back up work done?

Also if you are going to continue to run hare scrambles do you think you have any competitive advantage to running a large bore 4 Stroke machine? Somehow I'm willing to bet you are likely to be faster on the smaller, lighter 2 Stroke.

Just my .02

• Like 1

I don't race, the bike has only been in one, mainly the thing I'm looking for is to get a bigger bike, that I could use both on and off road, and a 4 stroke. I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the Suzuki, I'm actually leery about any other bike but this one. I think I'll pass on it.

I don't race, the bike has only been in one, mainly the thing I'm looking for is to get a bigger bike, that I could use both on and off road, and a 4 stroke. I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the Suzuki, I'm actually leery about any other bike but this one. I think I'll pass on it.

How many hours does your YZ have? It looks brand new

Edited by CR250_182

I passed on it, I'm glad I asked in here. I don't really have a lot of experience with these, just a newfound hobby of mine. I really like this bike, I'd like a quad too, which is what I was trying to get when this trade offer came up. I think I'll just keep the bike altogether and forget trading it off, it really is a sweet bike. I'll work on getting a quad with some other toys I got laying around.