GYTR Footpegs... any better than stock?

I have an 09 YZ450F that I was thinking of changing out the footpegs on. Saw some Cast Titanium GYTR ones on Rocky Mountain for a steal at $70 http://www.rockymoun...9-Yamaha-YZ450F

Are they going to be any different from the stock ones? Any pros or cons? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Moscow Roost

I just got my set of gytr pegs, the price on rockymountainmc.com is awsome. The pegs Look super sharp and wide. Cant wait to try them out on a ride just got to get my motor back together. My old pegs are worn down a lot. By the way, The stock 07 pegs are ti. The gytr pegs are a lot sharper the the stock pegs for my bike. Boots will probably wear faster.

I assume that the Rockymtn GYTR pegs are rebranded from Lightspeed.

They aren't. LightSpeed pegs are welded. GYT-R as shown is cast. I have run the same set of LightSpeed pegs in Desert Racing, wherein they race through places I don't even want to ride for fun, and they've encountered pretty much every sort of rock and other hazard you can think of. The bottoms are scarred and yes, I even bent one of them once, but a hammer took care of that easily enough.

I pretty much categorically disagree with your review, overall. Quite happy with mine, but then they aren't the one being discussed here.

You are correct grayracer, mine are steel. They are about the same size as the GYTR ones and I'm wondering if filing them to make them sharper is a good idea, or should I just get a new set!? Other than being dull, and heavier than the GYTR ones, they are in pretty good shape. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Just buy the GYTR pegs they are rad. For that price youd be silly not to buy them, Ti pegs are usually expensive. My stock pegs were wore down near flat at the front, Not safe to file and a waste of time anyways. Your pegs are wider than the old ti pegs but they arnt ti and not as sharp. Pegs are a wear item and they will need to be changed sooner or later. Compared to the ti pegs that came on the 07 the GYTR pegs are a marked improvement. Alot more comfortable on your feet.

Edited by Family Man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I retract my earlier review of these footpegs. I broke the left peg completely off landing from a middle sized table top which pulled all my weight to the left of the bike as my foot hit the ground and forced a handful of throttle off the next double which I skyed out 15ft past the landing, again slamming my left foot into the ground upon landing. Somehow I managed to save it but jolted my body pretty good. Might be a freak accident or product defect but I felt I should spread the word to others who may have purchased these pegs. Also, this was only the 3rd ride on them.

DSC02018.JPG

• 2 months later...