Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Is Hood River really closed this year?

Can anyone point me to some literature that states they are actually closed this year? After checking some staging areas yesterday, there were no signes posted anywhere about a closure. On the web, this is the only blurb I can find, and it doesn't say anything about this winter.

In order to minimize off-season trail system damage, Hood River County trails in the Northwest, Middle Mountain and East Areas are subject to a seasonal closure to motorized use from approximately December 1, 2011 to March 15, 2012.

When we arrived, there was no snow on the roads. It snowed ALL FREAKING DAY, and when we left, there were a few inches on the road, and several cars in damaged in the ditch. Overall a great day of riding. Hope I wasn't breaking the law!

They do not allow Husky riders to ride there ... closed.. as in NO...

I understand they don't allow husky's out there, and since you are a KTM rider, I'm sure you can even ride the MTB and hiking only trails... (An elitest thing).... :lol:

But seriously, if you say it's closed, show me some evidence. If they are gonna shut it down, the info HAS to be posted somewhere.

Blake, PM "CascadeTrails". I understand he does a lot of work out there.. He would know.. I am surprised he has not responded to this post.

-red

I'm sure you can even ride the MTB and hiking only trails... (An elitest thing).... :lol:

And horseback trails.......and your girlfriend........ :lol:

Blake, PM "CascadeTrails". I understand he does a lot of work out there.. He would know.. I am surprised he has not responded to this post.

-red

I have ridden with him out there a time or two, but I thought he wasn't involved with it anymore. However, it's always a good time to tell Rick, Thank you for all the work you have done out there in the past. I love that place.

And horseback trails.......and your girlfriend........ :lol:

Oh my... Not on ThumperTalk Hillbilly. This isn't NWDR!!!! Your gonna get banned!!! :cool: