Sign in to follow this  

2013 250SXF Question about direction

How my WP components would feel when done compared to other options. I want hard data, not opinion's.

Ehhhh...what? I don't think the average rider/racer has the test equipment to give before/after data that isn't 100% based on opinion. To give hard data, not opinion, you would need ridiculous compression cycling equipment with all sorts of sensors to detect change in resistance relative to travel, along with a temperature sensor to relate it all to heat. You'd need to evaluate those impacts at various speeds and angles too. It's really complex to do it right. So complex that you can't even buy a plug & play kit, you'd need to make it. You'd probably need someone with a doctorate in applied physics to make it right. Opinions might be easier to find.

god damn you dudes are rough, this was a good thread lol.

i feel for tye in a sense that i dont blame him for wanting the best possible suspension he can get. guys taking cracks at him 2 year ago for his ability on the track or whatever, come on guy, everyone starts somewhere and you happened to catch him at his start and some guys like to talk, theres no harm just tell him you gotta run and get back on the track. you think he sucked, you sure as heck dont want to see me :lol:

i do believe the WP stuff can be made to work though (i mean i got a 2nd gen cr with the crap frame and the crap showas that i love after some help with revalving), but can you really blame the guy after spending 3k, he's got a bad taste in his mouth. i can see both sides of whats going on here. you guys did make for a good thread though lolz

Edited by mynewcr250

Mark why r u even waisting ur time on this post. With his 3 yrs experience in the sport we should all be asking him for advise, but u won't find him after the second race because he would of gone home.(cpl of bumps on the track)

• Like 1

Lol Karl..... I know.

Best bit is pro's all do the testing at the tracks he uses but go home when it starts to rough up.

What they testing? A Tarmac setup!

You ask for advice, I gave it.

You instantly get defensive.

You make claims that I/WE are pretending to be someone/something we're not.

You think no one on here knows how to make an mx bike work AND be comfortable.

Then you have the balls to say no one offered any input or suggestions.

You need brought down a notch.

You're arrogant and just love to hear yourself talk or in this case see yourself type.

You whine like a little baby saying people are belittling you.

Carefully reread all of your replies and you're engaging in the same crap making claims saying the best has worked on your crap and we don't know how to make it work AND be comfortable.

Basically saying we're lying and pretending to be real suspension tuners.

But you knew what you were doing when you started this fishing expedition.

Go feed your ego somewhere else.

Edited by ds1434
  • Like 2

this thread has been awesome, Ive been following it since Saturday. Gotta be an agenda somewhere..ie he's now a rep @ ohlin or trying to drive biz to a specific vendor that he knows. Before I get flamed, I am no pro, mid pack c rider who comes here occasionally for some tips. Again, this thread has been awesome, thanks for the entertainment.

well on my 07 ktm250sxf pds bike, i would smoke guys in the whoop sections, i went with a stiffer rate front and rear with lighter valving and played with oil height, the rear was a progressive spring. alot of ktm "harshness" for me was the solid mount bars which transmitted alot of frontend feedback. but like you tye, im 31 and my 2nd season of moto, so im inexperienced, but i did manage to win 10 of the 23 races i entered and a district championship, to me the bike worked well, i had a 07 kx 450 prior which had a plushier feel, but it was a tank and i was slower on it, and couldn't charge the whoops like i could on the ktm, i am now on a 13 crf450r after riding my buddies 12, it feels like a fast 250f, have yet to hit the track to test the suspension, but i believe a lot of the ktm harsh feel is the solid mount bars, good luck in 13

Tye I've checked out your site, I know what the problem is, you ride Ducati's. Ducati guy loves him some ohlins bumpers.

If I had resources and and a track like GH in my back yard, I'd sell hot dogs.

Edited by XCDave

Check his youtube channel out. Its even better listening to him then reading his posts :cool:

• Like 1

Corey don't let the guy rattle you.

I've actually re-read this and the guys quite a comedian.

You mean one of these?

monstrous-commode_49.jpg

Tye I've checked out your site, I know what the problem is, you ride Ducati's. Ducati guy loves him some ohlins bumpers.

If I had resources and and a track like GH in my back yard, I'd sell hot dogs.

I ride Ducs too, and unfortunetly have known Tye from the Ducati forums for years. He has the same type of rep there, many of his threads turned into a cluster. I don't know what it is about him, but I have come to always expect drama. I don't think he is a bad guy, and perhaps he is unaware of how he comes across, but he sure knows how to rub folks the wrong way.

I'm not sure why this thread is still open. It's dissolved from a disagreement on the subject matter to personal attacks.

I'm not sure why this thread is still open. It's dissolved from a disagreement on the subject matter to personal attacks.

No need to be so sensitive. Besides if you put this " :thumbsup:;) ", its clear that its all in good fun

:thumbsup:;)

Edited by BODIEFW

Yep...this thead is circling the bowl...flushing_toilet.jpg

• Like 1

Not criticizing the Ducati crowd one bit, I wish I had the money to own one. Always wanted a 1098s. I had the poor mans duc, RC51. AND I just got done reading the dirtbike mag and they love the suspension on the big ktm. They even tested it on Glen Helen, is the 250 set up similar to the 450 ? Expert and pro level riders love the thing.