Sign in to follow this  

KX125 KX250 Powervalve KIPS Installation

Dude you rock. Mad props to you.

If you ever need something around the site let me know.

Edited by lethalweapon100

Someone might rat me out so save the link to the P-bucket folder now. I'll try to make up an installation thread w/pics, just too cold in my shop right now. lol

Edited by Jeekinz

Someone might rat me out so save the link to the P-bucket folder now. I'll try to make up an installation thread w/pics, just too cold in my shop right now. lol

Please do! That would be of so much help. I just got the links down. Maybe its because im in the car on the way to a dentists appt but that manual confuses me and it doesnt help that its in black and white.

KX250 installation pics (thank no1clyde for the spare cylinder, ha!) LUBE EVERYTHING WITH PREMIX FIRST!

Main valve rack gear orientation, slot facing out towards the front

IMG_5457a.jpg

After installing the main valve, check rack gear operation. It may protrude slightly from the face of the cylinder, this old cylinder had some play in it. The plate/cover will stop it.

Main valve open

IMG_5458a.jpg

Main valve closed

IMG_5461a.jpg

Two gears mesh

IMG_5459a.jpg

Side valve rack gear, highlited timing marks

IMG_5463a.jpg

Edited by Jeekinz
  • Like 2

Timing marks on rack gear align with cut tooth

IMG_5466a.jpg

IMG_5467a.jpg

IMG_5465a.jpg

You need to install the rack gear and side valves together. Start side valves 1/2 way, then work the rack gear through. Make sure the main valve on top stays in the CLOSED position. It can flop open and mess up timing between the main valve and side valves.

This valve connects the bottom rack gear to the top rack gear to operate the main valve

IMG_5469a.jpg

IMG_5471a.jpg

• Like 2

IMG_5472a.jpg

check timing marks (cut gear and groove) are aligned on both sides, then install the small idler gear.

IMG_5474a.jpg

IMG_5476a.jpg

Install the little round bushings on the 3 gears and check operation. You might have to help the main valve open a little, sometimes they stick.

Powervalve CLOSED

IMG_5479a.jpg

IMG_5480a.jpg

Powervalve OPEN

IMG_5482a.jpg

IMG_5483a.jpg

Main valve open

IMG_5481a.jpg

• Like 2

That's everything I said. Only mine wouldn't open all the way with the marks lined up. Probably due to wear. But glad you have everything working. Props on the pics. I can't do pics with this dumb phone..lol

Re: 46102 http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Kawasaki/Motorcycle/1999/KX250-L1+KX250/CYLINDER+HEAD-CYLINDER/parts.html

$30.63. Bike Bandit, for one is a rip off, and 2 don't tell you until after you order a part is obsolete. The obsolete 98 part superceeds to the 99 part which is still available.

Ooh thanks!