hawaiidirtrider

Beta MX ?

9 hours ago, ckny said:

7326B6B7-23AC-4233-81FA-B05A38CBC6A3.jpeg

CEC46B08-3401-4E65-AA8F-92551E725C4F.jpeg

Not sure what to think here. Very hard to identify that bike as a Beta without a closer view. Frame, plastic and swingarm color change. 

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Nice!

Nicest track I've seen in a while on these videos, it's killing me that he kept ignoring all of the inside lines on a 2 stroke. Good speed from that rider with lots of passes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Nicest track I've seen in a while on these videos, it's killing me that he kept ignoring all of the inside lines on a 2 stroke. Good speed from that rider with lots of passes.

Maybe the outside lines are overall faster.. power lines. It’s only a couple laps anyway. It’s playing around... but yea nice track. When I see this I want to do some mx laps. Im wondering what year bike this is.. 2019 and earlier ??

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Maybe the outside lines are overall faster.. power lines. It’s only a couple laps anyway. It’s playing around... but yea nice track. When I see this I want to do some mx laps. 

I had another good day yesterday at the track (Spoaks), starting to feel it again. Burned up a tank of gas and hit reserve staying out for a little over an hour and spent 75% on the pro track, 20% Vet track and 5% between the sand track and the turn track. The weather was threatening after a while with cool breezes and lightning near and it motivated me to stay out and enjoy the lucky cooler summer weather, great day. A good day at the track is such a rewarding feeling, but I keep taking this bike further than it is meant to go, really need to upgrade or go new. 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

I had another good day yesterday at the track (Spoaks), starting to feel it again. Burned up a tank of gas and hit reserve staying out for a little over an hour and spent 75% on the pro track, 20% Vet track and 5% between the sand track and the turn track. The weather was threatening after a while with cool breezes and lightning near and it motivated me to stay out and enjoy the lucky cooler summer weather, great day. A good day at the track is such a rewarding feeling, but I keep taking this bike further than it is meant to go, really need to upgrade or go new. 

Get an upgrade from Beta Factory Suspension tuning. There’s a bunch of options there. Or endurospec cartridges. etc. or just service your suspension.

Still really just continue working on being more fit and flexible. It’s hard. I went walking and exercising yesterday doing trail maintenance cutting trails. I got beat up doing what was nothing before. It’s just getting older. I feel sore but will go again today . At some point we are only going to be as good  as we can be for 60. That’s actually pretty OK. You on a motocross track at 60. Good. Just keep going. You don’t need a new bike but if it makes you happy? You only live once. I’m not thinking personally that any brand or model new bike is much of a difference compared to setting up bikes I have better to riding conditions. A new bike means starting over with setup and blowing a lot of money even just to start. That may not be necessarily better until after a while tuning a  while comparing to your already set up bike.. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, Johnny Depp said:

Not sure what to think here. Very hard to identify that bike as a Beta without a closer view. Frame, plastic and swingarm color change. 

It’s the 430 build referenced before. They had the Callus Cup on the weekend at Pleasant Valley. 

• Like 1