Sign in to follow this  

Supercross A1 aftermath

RV has wrecked in his last 3 appearances, shall we blame the KX? I don't. I think maybe he is feeling a bit of pressure of the 3-peat but I still think he will settle in and do his thing.

maybe? Jumps are for show... Corners are for go! Hahaha

Umm no.... the saying is: "Jumps are for show, corners are for DOUGH"

• Like 4

Also, the telecast missed out on all kinds of track action, but one interesting shot was of Barcia's crash in the main. What shot? If you still have it on your DVR, go to the "Pass of the Race" shot (which was *not* the Pass of the Race!) and freeze on the telecast banner "Pass of the Race", then step though. When the footage starts of Canard, you can see Barcia's front wheel and fender in the background just above the dirt face. It looks like he probably cartwheeled down the rhythm section.

That pass was nothing compared to Hanson's pass on the last corner. Took out a guy for no reason, neither of them were in contention what so ever.

I haven't seen the telecast so I can't speak to what they showed on TV for those of you at home, but I was there and happened to be watching right where both of these wrecks happened.

Barcia says he hit neutral at the end of the rhythm section before where he crashed. There were two big ruts that everyone was hitting. It looked like he went into it hard, but without any drive and just crossed up his front tire. We have all done something like that, but for him to endo like he did really showed me how friggin' fast he was going when he hit it.

That Hanson pass was straight up bush league. All night I was thinking that guy he took out was a tool. He would pull off the track and jump back on when the leaders were going by like he was trying to get TV coverage for his sponsors or something like that. Since he wasn't even close to qualifying, I was half expecting him to ghost ride his bike over the finish line or something stupid like that. Out of nowhere, Hanson just railed the dude into the side of that jump. He hit HARD. I am going to see if I can see that replay somewhere.

Great night of racing, had a blast! Pumped for Canard to do so well, he celebrated like he won the race. Well deserved. I thought Reed was pretty calculated but not that fast. He rode around by himself all night. Dungey actually did start to push and ride aggressive at one point, maybe he has it in him to do that more?

I haven't seen the telecast so I can't speak to what they showed on TV for those of you at home, but I was there and happened to be watching right where both of these wrecks happened.

Barcia says he hit neutral at the end of the rhythm section before where he crashed. There were two big ruts that everyone was hitting. It looked like he went into it hard, but without any drive and just crossed up his front tire. We have all done something like that, but for him to endo like he did really showed me how friggin' fast he was going when he hit it.

That Hanson pass was straight up bush league. All night I was thinking that guy he took out was a tool. He would pull off the track and jump back on when the leaders were going by like he was trying to get TV coverage for his sponsors or something like that. Since he wasn't even close to qualifying, I was half expecting him to ghost ride his bike over the finish line or something stupid like that. Out of nowhere, Hanson just railed the dude into the side of that jump. He hit HARD. I am going to see if I can see that replay somewhere.

Great night of racing, had a blast! Pumped for Canard to do so well, he celebrated like he won the race. Well deserved. I thought Reed was pretty calculated but not that fast. He rode around by himself all night. Dungey actually did start to push and ride aggressive at one point, maybe he has it in him to do that more?

The Hanson crash wasn't on TV. Everybody sitting by me said the same thing...it was a douche move.

RV has wrecked in his last 3 appearances, shall we blame the KX? I don't. I think maybe he is feeling a bit of pressure of the 3-peat but I still think he will settle in and do his thing.

I think he was just having an off day like any one of us...

But I still blame him for killing kawasaki's off road teams. That red head better cowboy up and start being worth his investment!!! Lol

RV will be back and STRONG !!

See how he was riding in the first qualifier .. He reeled in Barcia easy , RV is a main contender

See how he was riding in the first qualifier .. He reeled in Barcia easy , RV is a main contender

He is only a contender for race wins, he is out of the championship unless something happens to Dungey.

• Like 2

Sorry, I was being semi-sacastic lol. I agree though. Of course I don't think RV is in any trouble or am I blaming the KX. Just making a point in reference to Davi / JS etc. RV looked like he was on a mission in the heat but just was a bit rattled in the main. Too early to jump to conclusions. I still say RV for title for now.

Sorry, I was being semi-sacastic lol. I agree though. Of course I don't think RV is in any trouble or am I blaming the KX. Just making a point in reference to Davi / JS etc. RV looked like he was on a mission in the heat but just was a bit rattled in the main. Too early to jump to conclusions. I still say RV for title for now.

The pressure is sure on him now.....leaving A1 with 5 pts is a big blow, He is going to have to step it up and against a pretty damn good field. Emig said it the best on Saturday, " you do not win the championship with the first race but you sure can lose it"

Edited by Rich_Bing

RV on the KX450 is like a flea on an elephants back
  • Like 1

I just watched it again, great racing, terrible coverage, like others have said. That has to get better. I don't need to see the freakin pass of the night until after the race, come on! It seems like they had a new guy on the stick for the remote control cameras or something, dunno. Almost hard to watch because the camera work is so unsteady.

I think CR22 was sick, during the interview after the heat race, his eyes look completely red. I don't think it was color bleed from his truck. And for him to be "completely off" on setup? That doesn't add up.

I would just give the pit party duties to Dianna, no reason to have a fat white dude on camera at all, but plenty of reasons to get more monster girls on camera...

I think CR22 was sick, during the interview after the heat race, his eyes look completely red. I don't think it was color bleed from his truck. And for him to be "completely off" on setup? That doesn't add up.

When you get a little older you will understand

That was STRESS

• Like 4

OK. Next time you are talking to them, tell them I said hi.

And btw, I saw James look like James at A1. Doesn't matter what color bike. What has he done on this RMZ that is so different than what he did on his green or blue bikes?

I will do that this weekend,Whom should I say you are?

He is only a contender for race wins, he is out of the championship unless something happens to Dungey.

What the hell? 16 races left and it's game over? DUDE. :naughty:

• Like 1

I was at the race and have since watched it on TV. Yes, the coverage was pitiful. Rutledge is bafoon. Can't believe Speed is using him.

This was the first time I've went and seen all of the practice sessions. It was actually better than the race. The B and C practice groups were great to watch. These guys are all trying to make the "night show". A lot of them don't. They are on the "edge" all of practice trying to make it. Rest assured that the guy who finishes last in the heat race is really happy that he made the night show. It was really cool to see all of this. Also, Derek Anderson #63, from Driven to Ride did great for his first supercross in the lites. He made the show and was 10th in his heat, went to the lcq and finished 2nd, so he made it to the main, but didn't show up on the line and there were only 19 riders. Haven't done any research to find out what happened.

Bottom line, the racing was great. I knew Davi would do well this year. You could see his fitness levels go up about mid way through last year and he got fast. He realized that if he put in a great off season he would be competitive and he did. I'm really happy for him.

Canard, what can you say. This guy has been hurt something like 2 out of the last 3 years and he can ride at this level? Amazing! He was stoked no doubt.

Stewart, he was awesome to watch in practice. The cat and mouse game that goes on with the fast guys is great to watch. They run a fast lap then a slow one, timing it just at the last lap of practice, so they can one up each other. I watched James's fastest lap in practice and had no idea he hurt his knee. We thought he was playing a mind game with everyone. Glad to see him get out there and finish without crashing or winning, he is human. And for all you wondering, he's still the fastest rider out there and the most exciting to watch hands down.

RV, this guy has some heart. If you saw him pop up from his crash passing stewart, he was almost run over and he was limping. He got back in the saddle and was on it again. He will prevail I believe, he's still got the best combo of speed, strength and consitency. He's a champion and will be back stronger than ever I believe.

Tomac, if you haven't seen the clinic he put on, you need to watch it. His times in the main were 7/10th of a second faster than anyone of the 450 guys! He was awesome. It was great to see him stretch out Roczen (I'm not a big fan). I think Tomac will be a champion in the 450 class in the future.

Barcia, he will get it down I'm sure. He was nothing special, but who would expect him to be in his first 450 race. I think he crashed right before the whoop section, same time as the Millsaps/Canard pass went down. They were a full straight ahead of the crash. Everyone likes to hype it up, but he's another great rider that has to prove his mettle.

Bagget, his arm got clobered by a flipping bike in that pile up in the 250 main. He backed off and got lapped. Waited until Tomac passed him and then stayed between him and Roczen. I believe those were the two that he got between, but bottom line, he was able to keep pace later in the race, but he must've been shook up pretty well to drop back since he made it past the pile up.

RD, same as usual. I was hoping that he would get that extra speed, but no. Alessi, same as usual, I really would like to see him competitive, but it's not in the cards. I personally think it's partly a fitness thing. He's not ripped like the other top guys. Just my opinion. It seems that all of the top guys are so small, amazing they can handle the bike, but they do and very well.

Anxiety for Anaheim 1?! I've got my own anxiety going on for the first D38 race of the year this weekend. Go time!

• Like 1

I will do that this weekend,Whom should I say you are?

My user name will be fine. While you're at it, ask DM what he would've finished in last year's SX standings if he weren't on the POS JGR bike. It really held him back.

Look, I think both guys are great riders, I just don't buy into your theory that the blue bikes hold riders back and now the yellow bikes elevate these guys to another level. JS7 = same guy as last year (I think '12 Nats and now SX so far has proven that. loses front end in a crash and rides hurt. oh, I thought that was only on the Yami.). He's gotta mentally settle down come race time, no bike will change that. And DM was solid last year and started off this year with a bang. Great for him and I hope he keeps it up. Dunno how the bike switch did much when he already looked so good last year on a different brand. Agree to disagree, bro. It's all good. But still ask them that if you remember.

Edited by ah665

They need to give Diana Erin Bate's job. You can tell all the riders hate Bates.

• Like 1