eton quad wont stop driving

my Eton 70 viper keeps driving when i start it even with the clutch lever pulled in anyone why it would do this (its a automatic and requires you to pull the lever in to start but shouldn't drive)

The lever is actually just a brake lever if I remember right. The automatic clutch will only engage after coming up from idle. There are a few exceptions like wood chippers and some electric motors but generally there is a load-free-at-idle requirement for almost all automatic clutches. As the rpm's spin the clutch weights outward they will create drag, pushing the quad forward. Engagement can be adjusted by using different weight-rated springs.

Though the information you're giving is limited, I'm guessing your idle rpm is higher than necessary. Does this make sense or am I just confusing both of us??

• Like 1

Simply turning down the idle should solve this problem, unless of course your clutch pads/springs are shot. It is most likely just your idle

@barconator127 I wonder if you could help me? 
I have the same issue with a YFZ 50, the quad went into a river and took on water, I thought I had got it all out but a few weeks later I started having starter issues. I took the cover off where the starter wheel and clutch is located and it was full of water, I had to replace the starter wheel as it has ceased solid. I could start the quad by the kickstart fine. I can now start the quad with the electric start thanks to the new starter wheel but its constantly driving. Wrongly I sprayed everything in that part of the engine with WD40 when I fitted the new wheel thinking I was doing good. I’m guessing this is why the quad is constantly driving? Do you know if I can simply use break cleaner or have I all ready done the damage and if so what would you look to change 1st?