Will Dungey...

Actually it's quite common for the top 250 guy to be faster than some of the top 450 guys.

I never said they weren't fast, but come on who wants to see some guy cruise to the title.

Well Millsaps has the red plate so he is the only guy who can really "cruise." Villopoto was 16th, he's most like not going to get the red plate after Phoenix. Don't worry it will be a good season. It just doesn't HAVE to be Dungey to save the day. There are seven other guys ready to put it down.

Also yeah Tomac has been faster a few times the last two years, doesn't mean it's not amazing.

Actually it's quite common for the top 250 guy to be faster than some of the top 450 guys.

I never said they weren't fast, but come on who wants to see some guy cruise to the title.

Come on Finch, this is more like chess, not checkers. Every move Dungey makes is very calculated. His riding style use to drive me crazy since I know he has the speed to run with anyone out there but I get it now. He is not the one race podium guy, he wants a first every time but as long as he is running in or around the top 3 he is good with that and keeps his pace. He will continue to rack up championships whereas some of the others will continue to rack up injuries.

• Like 6

Watching practice online, and it seems there is very little to choose between the top 5/6 guys. I think they should all be happy Tomac's not in the 450 class... even on his 250. .35sec fastest after Q1. Wow.

Lighter bikes, smoother track, more managable power equal faster laps.

he got beat in the MEC a couple months ago on a 450, did something change?

You can't win it on the first race but you can definitely lose it.....I think Dungey did exactly what he needed to do last week!

I agree.

You don't win the championship at A1. But you can end it right there with a trip to the hospital.

I hope they all play it safe in PHX too. I don't want to see ANY of the top ten riders out of the running just yet!

Yeah ..consistency is Dungey's plan and to be there at the end

That's what wins championships.

?

Dungey's best chance is the same as it always is. He has a chance to win if the fast guys get hurt or crash.

Dungey can beat any and all the top riders straight up on a given day, just not every given day.

Lighter bikes, smoother track, more managable power equal faster laps.

he got beat in the MEC a couple months ago on a 450, did something change?

Well considering the track had but a few minutes time on it between 250Q and 450Q, I don't think it made much difference.

As for MEC, he won one of three motos along with Barcia and RV, and impressed all day long despite a big off in practice.... I think there's more than one guy happy he's not in the 450's this year. Eli is for real.

Well considering the track had but a few minutes time on it between 250Q and 450Q, I don't think it made much difference.

As for MEC, he won one of three motos along with Barcia and RV, and impressed all day long despite a big off in practice.... I think there's more than one guy happy he's not in the 450's this year. Eli is for real.

I'm not aying he isn't for real, he is. But the reason he is faster is the reasons I stated.

The only thing I want from Dungey is in one race, start in last place, work all the way up to the top, putting every other "top guy" in the cheap seats on the way.

Then he can go back to his current ways, winning championships, and all the haters can STFU.

Good luck with that... it will never happen! Ever!