- Owner Neo2tth
- Views 634
- Price $0.00
- Odometer --
(Click/tap the modifications name to view more details about them!)
CategoryLast UpdatedReviewFresh modification, so I haven't had time to assess if it's a good or bad one. But the plan was for added lighting and street registration. So I replaced the original OEM YZ426FN stator and fly wheel with a Ricky Stator rewound WR426 stator and fly wheel. Aside from torque wrenches, the only special tool needed was a pulley puller to remove the original flywheel. A T-30 torq tip, 8 mm, 10 mm, and 14 mm sockets, and torques from about 5 ft lbs up to 35 ft lbs. Oh, and a helper to hold both breaks with the bike in 3rd gear was enough to torque the new fly wheel back on at 35 ft lbs AND to unthread the nut too (I had to smack the wrench with a hammer several times, but I didn't need an impact wrench nor a fly wheel holding wrench).
$500.00CategoryCustomLast UpdatedReviewMy very first mod on this bike was to take it to a local shop and have them replace the OEM cam shaft with a newer model cam that allowed me to completely remove the decompression lever. Now my 2001 YZ426FN kicks over like any other 400 - 500 cc bike. I absolutely LOVE this.
American Performance Technologies SmartCarb$50.00CategoryLast UpdatedReviewI'm not sure of the name of the carburetor rebuild kit that I bought, but I knew that I had to rebuild it. There was fuel leaking from the float bowl overflow. I tore it apart and found a LOT of build up inside. I removed every jet and valve that I could (the needle valve was is great shape and the bolt holding it in was too tight for me to loose sleep over) and I replaced them all with brand new jets and valves as recommended by the service manual. With new gaskets, and a new float valve (that was not scored, allowing fuel to leak by) the carburetor went back together pretty smoothly (another $30 for high end fuel lines). I also turned the fuel shut off valve around so I can turn the valve with out burning the back of my hand on the head. I just had to route the fuel line around the front of the engine. This mod made a major difference in how quickly she starts up, how smoothly she idles, and how responsive she is. No more spitting and sputtering. And no, this isn't much of a "mod", as much as a repair/upkeep from the wrong jets someone put in a long time ago and didn't maintain properly (read "old fuel left in the tank and carb).