83 XL600R carbs

I have been searching old topics and doing alot of reading on the dual carbs. I had my motor in a ATC350X chassis for ice racing. I ran the dual carbs first couple years and then had a nice adaptor made and installed a Keihen FCR41. Which really woke this motor up. Well I'm putting the motor back in the bike chassis and the FCR will not fit. I can't hook an aircleaner to it, which is kind of important. So I'm wondering has anyone put on different dual carbs? I'm looking a Lectrons but thought I would ask here first. I attached a pic of a dual carb setup they make.

1540447_293118937512996_566526480_o.jpg

Do you have a link to those carbs? I checked out the lectron site but couldnt find them.

Without an accelerator pump I doubt they will match the response of an fcr but i have no experience with lectron carbs. Also, would rigging up a sequential linkage be a huge pain? It may be easier to convert your air box to a single carb intake and use the fcr. Or does the fcr hit the frame?

There is a German guy that lives in Thailand that took 2 mikuni TM pumper carbs and joined them for his XL 600. He wrote an extensive how to with pictures and its posted in the ADVrider.com forum under the XL 600 sub forum. Search there.....

OK I'm feeling kind so I found the link for ya:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804951

Looks like it was a great mod!

I can get the FCR in the boot but I only have 3/8" behind carb and it dead centers the rear shock. The Lectron carbs that are pictured are what the used on earlier raptors with dual carbs. I clicked on there facebook link and looked at there pics for the carb pic. Thanks fingers I'll check that link out.

What engine and frame combo are you using..twin carb,,single carb ..Didn't know you could fit an FCR to a twin carb..two into one sort of doesn't go..bit more description is needed..Maybe post a couple of pictures of the FCR mounted and the gap you have at the rear so we can put the collective thinking caps on regards the fitting..If it's really close to the shock with no angle outwards from there you're sort of shot ,,if it's a twin carb head you may have to swap over to the single carb XR600 one to make it work..Few variables but a picture tells a thousand words..

Ok. So I'm going with dual Lectron carbs 34MM. Lectron said they will make them fit factory intake boot and factory air cleaner boots. Sounds like it will be about 2 weeks out before I see them. I'll get pics of my FCR setup that I used. Maybe even in the bike chassis if I'm feel ambitious. When I get the Lectron set up I'll take pics and try to do a little write up.

Horri  Frame is 83 XL600R with 84 or 85 XL600r motor which is dual carb setup. I'll get pics.

• Like 1

Ok. So I'm going with dual Lectron carbs 34MM. Lectron said they will make them fit factory intake boot and factory air cleaner boots. Sounds like it will be about 2 weeks out before I see them. I'll get pics of my FCR setup that I used. Maybe even in the bike chassis if I'm feel ambitious. When I get the Lectron set up I'll take pics and try to do a little write up.

Horri  Frame is 83 XL600R with 84 or 85 XL600r motor which is dual carb setup. I'll get pics.

Cant wait! I'm curious as heck!

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to the Lectrons?

Have carbs installed and throttle cable hooked up. Need to get Y fitting to hook up gas lines. Only problem is boots to air box. Carburetor bell and boot are same size.  Try to work that out tomorrow or Friday. Need to change choke knob to lever so it is easier to get at.

20150701_193005.jpg

20150701_193023.jpg

20150701_193032.jpg

20150701_193044.jpg

20150701_193059.jpg

20150701_193120.jpg

20150701_193135.jpg

Looks like they are sitting in there pretty. as for the boots, can you get a thin short piece of steel tubing to slide into boot, to keep it from getting crushed, & then slide a short piece of radiator hose over the boot & carb?

Well it looks more and more like I'm going to build an air box with dual pod filter, which should breath better than the panel filter. I do have a video which I see I can't post here> so follow this link,

,  and let me know what you think. I know she is running rich, but I think I really like how responsive it is.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I thought I would give you an update. Well I'm using 2 1/2 header pipe for air cleaner tubes. My buddies at Cranky Scotts are going to machine groove in the intake aide of carb for oring. The pipes fit very snug over carbs and oring will seal it. Going to move one stock air box mounting forward to mount intake pipe too. Hope to be able to ride it very soon. I'll keep you all posted.

1438226837211.jpg

1438226852035.jpg

1438226873609.jpg