Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

592 Excellent

About markbfe501

  • Rank
    TT Silver Member

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. markbfe501

    places to ride near new orleans

    Meridian also has single track run by the city. They also host some hare scrambles there. $50/yr membership. http://www.meridianohvpark.com
  2. markbfe501

    Michigan trail websites

    The state of Michigan has it going on for off roaders! Trails, maps, dunes, etc. Nothing like that here in Alabama. Hope this isn't seen as derailing the thread, but while I've been investigating Michigan Trails to ride over the past couple of years, I've also found a couple of other good resources: https://www.vvmapping.com/trails/trailBigPicture.html (on this one, just click "Cancel" anytime a popup says something about Adobe) Also, https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/michigan_list.htm which also lists some of the private "pay to play" areas.
  3. That's awesome news. I had contacted All Balls before I contacted Oberon to see about a rebuild kit. One of their development engineers contacted me back, and had acquired a couple of Magura slaves to dig into it. At the time they had a kit with the correct size piston o-rings, but wrong material and were going to develop one made from the right materials. This was around June of 2017. After Oberon sent me a prototype, my problem was solved. I tried contacting the All Balls development engineer a couple of times after that, but was not getting any responses. Anyway, glad they followed through. Just yet another option.
  4. markbfe501


    If the battery is dead, especially shorted cells/low voltage, the ECU likely isn't going to have sufficient voltage for the bike to operate properly. In the old carb & magneto days, batteries were just for the starter, so jump starting and push starting worked well. Now, everything is relying on the battery to function. I had a new Jeep JK that a cell shorted on the battery, and wouldn't start. Jump started fine, but then would only idle and sputter. Could not drive it home. New battery and all was well. My new '18 Beta Xtrainer only uses the battery for the starter. Everything else on the bike runs off the magneto. Of course it's carb'd with a magneto and CDI unit. Newer technology is awesome, but also has its potential downfalls.
  5. markbfe501

    Show me your...BETA !

    After some more work at the "Lopery", brought out the two Betas and met up with some friends this evening to ride some newly cut trails and new rocks. Sorry, this is the only picture I snapped in between mosquito bites . . .
  6. markbfe501

    clutch not engaging

    Is your dealer close? If so, I'd start with them. However, if you want to tackle it yourself, first things I'd try is 1) checking adjustment on the lever, and if that doesn't help, 2) bleeding the clutch hydraulics. There are lots of how to video's on Youtube as well as instructions all over the web and probably in your manual that should help. Not hard to do.
  7. markbfe501

    Show me your...BETA !

    That's great to know for next time up. Thanks! ­čĹŹ
  8. markbfe501

    Show me your...BETA !

    We had thought about it when we were there, but what I read indicated there may be sections requiring a license plate?
  9. markbfe501

    Show me your...BETA !

    Uh, how bout this one?
  10. markbfe501

    Show me your...BETA !

    Had planned to ride Bass Lake or Porterfield Lake first day - rained out. Headed east and rode Kinross. Very nice, tight single track. Very good condition. Very little sand or whoops. Day 2 planned to rise Drummond Island - rained out. Rode Rose City. Basically ATV trails. Also good condition. Day 3 rode Tomahawk C. Favorite Michigan single track. Elevation changes, technical woods riding. Quite a number of trees down, but could easily go over or around. There is a rode section for about 2 miles that is deep soft sand. Other than that, very little sand or whops. I'll be back to ride this one again.
  11. markbfe501

    Show me your...BETA !

    And a little trails riding in Montrose, CO the weekend before that . . .
  12. markbfe501

    Show me your...BETA !

    Inaugural ride on the XTrainer up in Michigan weekend before last:
  13. Yep, usually has them to your doorstep in about 3-4 days.
  14. markbfe501

    Trails for New Riders

    This DNR website shows trail closures: https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79137_79770_79781---,00.html Doesn't give an estimate of re-open dates, but I imagine you can just keep checking back.
  15. markbfe501

    Michigan Trail Condition Thread - Please post

    Cedar Creek, just east of Muskegon is a decent trail. A lot less soft sand and whoops than most anything else in the area. About 22 miles all told. If you don't mind another hour or so of driving, Tomahawk is an awesome trail. We rode the C trail the weekend before last. It's in good shape (a few trees to go over or around). Very little whoops, a lot of elevation changes. There is one sandy road you have to ride for about 2-3 miles, but other than that, the trail has very little sand, relative to most trails in the area. Can't wait to get back up there and hit that one again.