I have been lurking on TT for a while reading all about the DRZ 400. I am servicing my brother in laws 2000S model that he recently picked up for a song. ( I get to use it for doing all the work) I have changed all the fluids, cleaned and lubed front and rear suspension, and had the hole in the stator housing welded.
I did a search on fork oil and read everything, but am a little confused.
- dealer says 709ml oil per fork
- consensus here seems to be 90mm to 165mm from top of fork
- I am a lightweight at 140lbs
- I will be learning to ride dirt on this bike and may plate it for DS use
- what weight oil to use
- what height
- is the oil height measured with the springs in or out
- is the oil height measured with the fork comressed or not
Thanks for all you help. ScottBC