Team TT
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,691 Excellent

About npm

  • Rank
    TT Addict

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,652 profile views
  1. Won't have much effect except idle and a bit more. I'd jet just a bit rich on the mj at 9k and move the clip around until I found an acceptable compromise for the elevation changes, if there is one.
  2. I'm running a Hyde plastic skid plate as most of what I ride is DS on forest service roads and tight woods trails. I like that it's light and slides over stuff when needed. If I was riding nasty rocky trails I'd get a metal one with more side protection. As stated in other posts, it depends on what the terrain is.
  3. I don't think this shows what you want but I'll post anyway. RK insert for my 150 next to stock. Putting this head on was a very nice improvement, good gains down low, perfect for the tight woods. I don't have any experience with the other heads being discussed so I won't enter into the circle jerk. Edit: I'm computer challenged, no matter what I try I can't make this come in rotated correctly.
  4. Did you notice a drop in MPG? MPG has a direct correlation with how far you turn up the loud handle. I could drop mpg to 30-35 with the stock carb when really getting on it. Ride it like you did before the kit and the mpg will be similar.
  5. Don't worry about the stock pipe, 3X3, jet kit combo. It won't pick up much HP but throttle respnse will be improved and that's worth it for the cost. Maybe look in the classifieds for someone selling a used kit in an effort to get a few bucks out of the Mikuni taken off during an upgrade. I'm running the stock S muffler with a E header and FCR so I'm not making more than a couple more than stock HP. Throttle response is excellent, power is smooth and best of all it's quiet.
  6. The PO put a CVK40 on that bike if I remember correctly? He thought it was a pretty good upgrade over stock for the price. I'd be interested to hear what the differences are between the two. I hope jetting is close the first shot, getting the FCR in and out is tight.
  7. What was the recommended clip position from the instructions? The clip that close to the bottom makes it richer, as seen when it got worse taping off the air box. You might try the clip up a couple notches. No need for the fcr you can make the stock carb work acceptably.
  8. What is the resting voltage (ignition on, not cranking), then cranking voltage at the battery, and finally voltage when the bike is running?
  9. Might try using a volt meter and checking the voltage (while cranking) at the battery terminals and then again right at the starter to make sure there aren't losses in the connections. Shouldn't be much loss between the battery and the starter. Also wouldn't hurt to have the battery checked as well.
  10. Cheers to OR getting desperate for the dineros if it means plated dirt bikes. But yeah, careful what you wish for with wanting the state to be desperate for more money as they often come up with far worse schemes to get money besides plating dirt bikes.
  11. WA used to be like Oregon several years ago, I was shocked when they started plating dirt bikes again.
  12. The DRZ does seem to have a cult like following.
  13. Cut from the .pdf at this link to the Oregon ODOT regulations. They are not very friendly here. Can an off-road motorcycle be made street legal? Before you convert an off-road motorcycle to ride on the street, there are some issues you should be aware of. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has two sets of emission standards for vehicles, including motorcycles. The two standards are: 1) vehicles for street use and; 2) off-road vehicles (this includes dirt bikes, ATVs, UTVs, etc.). Your motorcycle must meet emission standards for street use (not off-road) before you can register it in Oregon. How can I tell if my motorcycle meets emission standards? There should be an emission label on your motorcycle. You will need to read the wording carefully. If it states “for off-road” or any other similar wording you will not be able to register your motorcycle. You can also check with a motorcycle dealer that sells your make and model of motorcycle. ODOT does not have this information. What can I do to get my motorcycle emission certified? First Step: Contact the manufacturer (not the local dealership) or the U.S. Distributor of the motorcycle, such as Honda or Yamaha, and find out if the engine has been certified through the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to meet emission standards for street use. If the engine has not been certified for street use, you cannot make the motorcycle street legal. You cannot take your motorcycle to an Oregon DEQ testing station to get certified. Edit: The only upside is there are no inspections here after you get tags. If someone were to change the motor in something like a DRZ nobody would be the wiser. DRZ's hold their value pretty well in OR. I bet prices would plummet if 450 off road only bikes could be tagged.
  14. Float height correct? Float needle and seat sealing properly?
  15. LOL, thanks for the input guys, I think I'll take one out and give it a quick measure while I have the tank and seat off. I should have done that in the first place, I was being lazy.