- Retail Price ~$35.99 Shop Now
- Last Review
The DRC Edge 2 Tail Light Kit is a great product, but it has a flaw for the US Suzuki DR-Z400S/SM owner; its license plate bracket is specifically for Japanese spec plates. This requires US owners to drill new mounting holes in their license plates. Not only is modifying a license plate potentially illegal, it may cause the license plate to crack from vibrations.
In response, ThumperTalk built its own aluminum bracket/holder, allowing you to bolt up your exisitng DRC Edge 2 Tail Light (and turn signals).
We've made some important improvements that include:
1. Our license plate holder is specifically for US spec license plates, so unlike the Japanese spec DRC Edge 2 Tail Light Kit, no drilling your plate to mount it on the ThumperTalk Holder.
The mounting holes are slotted, so license plates from other countries MIGHT fit as well. Dimensions are as follows:
5" (12.7cm) center to center at its narrowest.
6.125" (15.55cm) center to center at its widest.
2. Our aluminum holder is made from strong 5052-H32 alumiumum and powercoated black for a cleaner, meaner look and corrosion protection.
3. The angle of our license plate mounting surface has been reduced, putting less fatigue on your license plate and reducing stress cracks. However, there is still plenty of clearance for the rear tire, even on hard landings.
4. Our blinker stays are integrated into the tail light holder body and they are substantially stronger than the plastic bolt-on stays found on the DRC Edge 2 holder. Will work with OEM turn signals and most aftermarket turn signals.
This product comes with stainless steel mounting hardware, but does not include hardware to mount your license plate.