best full body protection

My old Fox chest protector is getting worn out, and the upper arm protection/danglers seem to flop out of the way of real world threats. It also seems every time I got a hit in the chest area; that I was lucky that it hit in my plastic chest pro area, and it didn't deflect.

I was just curious if there was any cool new products that acted as some sort of super armor for chest, back, shoulder, and upper arm?

I ordered a Thor Impact Rig SE. It should be here in 2 days.

I have a buddy who has used one for a couple years. I asked him if he would buy the same one again or try something else next time. He said he would get the same one. That was a good enough endorsement for me.

• Like 1

Well, my Impact Rig came in and it was too small. It's on Craigslist now. That being said, after handling and inspecting it, I ordered the same thing only one size fatter. I'm sure there are better out there but for the money and with the discount code I had, I like it.

I had a riding buddy who I haven't seen in almost 2 years who loved his 661 suit. I don't know which one it was.

I should have my new one by this weekend's trip and be able to tell you more.

It's gonna get up to 101 Saturday. I may end up leaving it in the woods.

Tipperary Eventer. Best body protection ever. My parents bought it for me 18 years ago when I broke thoroughbred horses for the race track. Saved my body many times in many different sports. I use it for absolutely everything that warrants protection. Hot as hell. Wears like iron. Fits perfect under clothing. Very comfortable. It's really a nylon covered bull riding vest with more spine protection. Covers almost down to your tail bone. Expensive... Worth it. I say this vest gives the most rib and lower back coverage and is the best protection with incredible mobility.

Seconding the Thor Impact Rig. First time out that I used it was this last weekend, and if I hadn't worn it I'd be in the hospital right now.

Long story short, I didn't leave enough slack in my throttle when I did some carb work before the ride, ended up enjoying that new jet kit too much and whiskey throttled it. Bailed off the back and landed ON my back right in the thick of some gnarly 6" jagged rocks at ~25mph. Had the Klim fanny pack and a small camelbak on over it, still managed to rip one of the back plates off (and nearly a 2nd one). Even with all that I still had scratches running down my back and on my butt, but you know what? I was a bit rattled, but I was able to get up and keep riding for the rest of the day. I swear if I hadn't had it it would have at least been some broken ribs or worse.

I had ALMOST unzipped the back protector on the rest stop just before this because I was getting hot! Just run it without a shirt underneath and half-unzip it when you're taking a break to help vent it out, it's really not too much worse than a regular jersey.

Impact rig + good boots + good kneepads and you can take some serious shit and keep rolling, just buy one.

edit: my only complaint is that it's not long enough to tuck in, so you show some sexy midriff out on the trails. Not really a problem, but with the fanny pack and everything it doesn't all stay together quite as well.

Edited by PoopSock